Sunday, January 18, 2009

The day I stepped on another's paradise""

A beautiful day,worth all my life left just to savor,
A well intentioned walk was all it was,I thought,
I walked barefoot on the grass,wild though it was,
Treasuring every moment of being there,
For it was there I loved ,and was loved,
All my imperfections were trapped there,
While my happiness resided within,
It was then I felt it,pain,truly deliberated,
A sting was all it was,but it gave me visions,
Visions of my paradise engulfed in a fire,
Me well out of harm's reach,alone,
All elements that made my paradise truly mine,all ablaze,
I lamented,helpless,then I saw it,
A dragon,breathing it's fire on all I loved,
As I stood there watching it all burn,
A fire churned in me,One born solely by anger,
In all my rage to reclaim all that was mine,
I attacked that mountain of hate,
I knew I stood no match,but all I wanted was for it to feel,
The pain I felt,for I had lost,I had felt sorrow,
In my attempt,I stung it with a venom,
A potent mixture of all my grief,anger,hatred
The monster seemed shaken in a moment,
All of a sudden,I pitied the creature,for he must have had one too,
But the only pain I felt now was the sting on my bare feet,
There on my feet were ants,staggered yet continuously stinging,
Injecting into me all their hatred,
There I stood on a destroyed ant mound,
It was a paradise none the less for each and every one of them,
Feeling sorry,and even more guilty,I rebuilt the mound,
Hurrying home,the visions still fresh
I found no paradise there,even though I left it there,
The people I loved were still there,they still loved me,
But with them now also resided the fear of losing it all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

really...
dis s sooo close to my heart....speechless....helps n keepng my sprit high....

grt NITISH....1st tme saw a real Nitish so emotionl n affectionate...

So whatcha think??